Why is my activation key not working? Resolved
I just purchased a HIPAAsuite software and received the activation key. When I attempt an online activation the activation key that I inputed changes to the old trial key.
See below where I tried to enter the activation key:
After clicking the "Activate" button a pop up message states that my trial has expired. Then I click "Ok" and the registration form reloads with the old expired registration number.
See a screenshot below:
Explanation: Your activation key does not stick because you don't have sufficient rights to your Windows.
Solution 1: Run the application as an administrator.
- Use the windows explorer to navigate to C:\program files\HIPAAsuite\HIPAA_ProductName\HIPAA_ProductName.exe
NOTE: you would replace "_ProductName" with your actual product.
- Right click the executable and click on "Run As Administrator".
- Now activate online.
In most cases this will make your product key work properly.
Solution 2: Even administrators do not have sufficient rights to write to Windows.
- Log out of the machine and have the Administrator of the local machine log in.
- NOTE: Not someone with right, but the actual Administrator. You may need the network support to make this work.
- The Administrator can enter in the activation key now to make the software work.