The 834 standard is used to transmit enrollment records between plan sponsors (an employer or Medicaid for example) to the insurance company or TPA (Third Party Administrator) to update coverage details. Enrollment records contain demographic information on the insured and the details of their coverage, co-pay, eligibility dates, primary care physicians and anything else related to the coverage.
The 834 transaction is used increasingly and has replaced a myriad of other formats that were used to transmit enrollment information. Especially State Medicaid rolls are now mostly using this format.
The HIPAA Enrollment Master gives you insight and full control over 834 HIPAA EDI electronic enrollment records. It transparently handles the 4010 EDI format as well as the new 5010 version.
- Browse through an EDI 834 file and view each enrollment record as a form. All cryptic codes are translated into their descriptions.
- Print or save as image file (PDF and TIFF) enrollment records.
- Export enrollment records as ASCII files or Microsoft Excel spreadsheet.
- Export the enrollment and benefit data to just about any database system.
- Query and view enrollment data in database.
- Create 834 electronic enrollment files from the database.
- Automate EDI file processing with Window's scheduler.
- Integrate EDI Exchange for complete automation and HIPAA compliance checks.
Download a 15-day trial version of the HIPAA 834 Enrollment Master.
View the complete documentation of the HIPAA Enrollment Master - Acrobat PDF