Running the Application via Scheduler
|Top Previous Next|
The HIPAA Claim Payment Master can be automated through a scheduler. A scheduler is software that can be programmed to execute a certain task at a certain time repeatedly. Windows has such a scheduler built in.
The Windows scheduler can be used to let the HIPAA Claim Payment Master execute in regular intervals without user intervention. Usually one would let the HIPAA Claim Payment Master scan a directory and then print, create image files or export the data and remove the files to prevent duplicate processing.
1. If the task scheduler is installed on your system, you will find it in the "Control Panel". To open Scheduled Tasks, click Start Control Panel Scheduled Tasks.
2. Click on "Add Scheduled Task" and the "Scheduled Task Wizard" will guide you through the setup process.
3. In the first window, read the welcome message and click "Next."
4. Browse to the HIPAAClaimPaymentMaster.exe executable file.
5. Type a name for this task. Choose a time interval:
6. Enter the name and password of a user. The task will run as if it were started by that user. Click "Next."
7. In the last screen, make sure you have specified all data correctly. Click "Finish" to save your task.
8. The scheduled task has been added to the system. Now lets edit the new task and add the desired command line arguments with the appropriate options. Double-click the newly created task in the "Scheduled Tasks" window.
9. Enter parameters to the "Run" field after the application path and click "OK." Refer to Command Line Arguments for more information.
"C:\Program Files\HIPAAsuite\HIPAA Claim Payment Master\HIPAAClaimPaymentMaster.exe" C:\EDI\Inbox,Y,,Y
You can see, the path to the executable is in quotes and then the arguments follow. In this example, the directory C:\EDI\Inbox will be processed. The first "Y" indicates that the data will be exported. The second "Y" in 4th position indicates that the images will be printed.