Selecting Fields to Export
|Top Previous Next|
Once you have created your tables and tested connection and table names, you can select which fields to export. Follow the instructions below.
1. Select Data Export 835 Connection and Data Fields in the main menu.
2. You will be confronted with the following screen where you can set up the database connection and enter the names of the database tables.
3. Choose fields to be exported by selecting checkboxes in front of the fields in the following tables:
4. Once you have made your selection or selected all you have to test your setup, click on the "Test Configuration" button. The program will go through each table and check if the selected field exists.
5. You should receive a message like this. Click "OK."
6. Only after the configuration checks out are you allowed to save it. Click the "Save Field Configuration" button.
Troubleshooting Data Fields
Once you have made your selection or selected all you have to test your setup. Click on the "Test Configuration" button.
If the program finds errors, the ODBC Error screen will come up and tell you exactly which fields caused errors.
You can study the errors and the message usually is precise enough to understand what is wrong. In the above case an access database is missing the fields in error. When you click the "Uncheck Fields in Error" button, then all those fields will be unchecked and excluded from the data export.
Now you can test the configuration again. You should get the success message:
Only after the configuration checks out are you allowed to save it. Click on the "Save Field Configuration" button.